Discovery Corp Afterschool Camp
REGISTRATION OPENS WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16, 10:30 am
Maximum enrollment: 20 students per school
Register online, phone 721-PARK (7275), or stop by Currents Aquatics Center to register.
- We focus on adventurous active programming, keeping kids engaged, and exploring after school.
- We pick up from school, provide a healthy meal in partnership with Kids Table, and facilitate an awesome activity.
- Our low participant-to-staff ratio and training ensure your child is well-supervised and having fun!
- Activities change daily for variety.
- All equipment provided.
- School pickup is at 2 p.m., parent pickup is at the parks listed below, no later than 5:30 p.m.
- Share The Fun Youth Recreation Grants available for families who need financial assistance.
September 2020 Schedule - Meets Tuesday - Friday, 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- In a collaborative effort with MCPS to limit interaction between students from different schools, we have reduced the number of schools we serve for after-school programming.
- Afterschool programs at Paxson, Lewis and Clark and Rattlesnake Elementary are open only to students who’ve attended those schools on the day of the program.
- We are currently working with our community partners to secure indoor spaces for youth programming that will offer the room needed for physical distancing later this fall and winter. Schedules will be released one month at a time, to respond to MCPS schedule changes and COVID-related public health announcements.
- Following disease prevention best practices, September youth programs will meet outdoors, using park picnic shelters in case of rain. Please dress your child for the weather.
- Afterschool programming at other MCPS elementary schools may be available from other community providers. Additional information will be posted the week of August 17 at the City-County COVID-19 Joint Information Center’s website: https://covid19.missoula.co/schoolschildcareuniversity.
- Fee: $18 per day, meets 2-5:30. Maximum 20 per school. Register your child for each day they'll attend afterschool care.
|School||Pick up at:||Activity #|
|Lewis and Clark||Southside Lions Park|
Week 1 Aug 26-28
Week 2 Aug 31- Sept 4
Week 3 Sept 7-11
Week 4 Sept 14-18
Week 5 Sept 21-25
Week 6 Sept 28-Oct 2
Parents should email Lowell Principal Barbara Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school at 542-4040 register. Parks and Recreation is not processing registrations for this program.
The program meets after school for kids who’ve been in school that day. Learn more.