Due Date and Delivery
Proposals must be for the entire scope of services outlined in this RFP. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. The proposer shall submit a package clearly marked on the outside as “ON-CALL AND EMERGENCY REPAIR SERVICES INCLUDING WATER, WASTEWATER AND STORMWATERSYSTEMS” to the City. The package shall contain the following:
• One (1) electronic copy (flash drive is preferred method, emails not accepted) of the proposal;
Proposals must be received by the City no later than 2:00 p.m. February 24, 2023. Submissions received after this deadline will be rejected. Submissions by facsimile or electronic mail will not be accepted.
Scope of Work
Project tasks for the Utility Main Infrastructure Repair list shall include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Leak repairs on water mains and services
• Minor valve or hydrant replacements
• Repairs on sanitary sewer mains and services
• Repairs on storm drains, culverts, etc.
Project tasks for the Minor Sewer System repair list shall include:
• Repairs of Septic Tank Effluent Pump (STEP) systems, typically in private property requiring the use of mini excavators
• Hydrovac work (typically pumping sewage from structures or trenches)
The successful proposer(s) will be selected for specific emergency repair projects at the discretion of PW&M staff, and work will be performed on a Time & Materials basis with established prices for labor, equipment, and typical materials.
Any firm submitting a proposal for this work shall recognize that the work often occurs outside of business hours. The City desires to have multiple firms recognizing that a single firm can’t be available 365 days per year.
Water main leak repairs typically involve a combined crew between the Contractor and the City, with City personnel performing the actual pipe repairs and Contractor providing excavation services, trench boxes, gravel materials and trucking services. Contractor shall have the capability to provide all labor, material and equipment to perform system repair services as needed. The contract may be used for other projects as required by the City. Contractor may be asked to provide estimates for emergency repairs based upon the established fee schedule.