CREATING A DIVERSE AND VIBRANT MISSOULA
Through public and private partnerships, the Community Development Division works to:
- Increase housing options that are affordable to all levels of our community.
- Ensure a strong safety net for those living in poverty through the implementation of Reaching Home: Missoula’s 10 Year Plan to End Homelessness.
- Support economic development opportunities to help our community grow.
- Continue Missoula’s long history of conservation and climate action by adhering to the triple bottom line: People, Planet, Prosperity.
COVID-19 Housing Resources
Emergency Housing Assistance Program
- HUD Evictions Guidance
- Tool to Help Families Experiencing Homelessness Claim Child Tax Credits (USICH)
Housing and Shelter Resources
- Montana Law Help - free legal information and resources, or call 1-800-666-6899
- Salvation Army of Missoula - rent assistance, or call 406-549-0710
- Associated Students of the University of Montana Renter Center - student resources, or call 406-243-2017
- Women’s Opportunity & Resource Development (WORD), Inc. of Missoula - some limited rental assistance and other resources, call Kim Hope 406-544-1276
- The Montana Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Homeword's Property Partner Program
During this time, please begin by calling one of the phone numbers below for assistance:
- Missoula Coordinated Entry System Access Points
- Poverello - 406-728-1809
- Dial 2-1-1 or 406-549-5555, and ask to speak with an operator about your housing situation