Decorations and Flowers
In order to maintain a pristine cemetery, decoration and flower rules are enforced year round and grounds are cleared regularly. No glass or breakable items are allowed at any time on the grounds.
Please review grounds regulations. Note: The cemetery regularly clears the grounds as detailed in the grounds regulations. The cemetery is not responsible for vandalized, stolen, or damaged items.
|Mar. 1||Grounds cleared - No decorations allowed on grounds|
|May. 3||Deadline for payment to assure holiday planting|
|May. 4||Late fees will be charged to bed and box orders|
|May 14||Flower beds ready for planting after 5 p.m.|
|May 27||Flower boxes arrive from Caras Nursery|
|May 22 - Jun. 6||Flowers or decorations of any type allowed on grounds|
|Jun. 7||Grounds cleared of all items except those in authorized beds, boxes, or vases at 8:00am.
Items left on grounds will be disposed of.
|Sept. 7||Flower beds and boxes removed|
|Sept. 7 - Nov. 25||No items allowed on grounds|
|Nov. 27, 2021 - Feb. 28, 2022||Flowers or decorations of any type are allowed over the winter|
The following rules are strictly enforced:
- Flowers are only allowed during the summer in annual beds prepared by the cemetery, or regulation boxes
- The grounds are cleared on a regular basis and all items are disposed
- No tree, shrub, or other plantings are allowed to be planted within the boundaries of the Missoula City Cemetery except by cemetery staff in designated areas
- No flowers or decorations are allowed on niche walls
- Examples of items never allowed on grounds are: glass, ceramic, plastic, rocks, pottery, metal, trinkets, knick-knacks, statues, shepherd hooks. Additional exclusions may be incorporated within the internal rules and policies of the Missoula City Cemetery.
- Memorial Day - floral or decorative items may be placed on the grounds in any form nine days prior to Memorial Day through the Sunday following Memorial Day
- Winter - floral or decorative items may be placed on the grounds from Thanksgiving Day through the last day in February
Flower vases permanently attached to a monument hearth allow year round flowers and decorations on a grave
- Do not place valuables on the grounds
- Do not place glass or breakable items on the grounds
- Flowers and decorations are cleared from the grounds regularly
- Vases on a hearth allow flowers all year
- Understand that wildlife love flowers
- Can I plant flowers on my grave?
The cemetery offers annual paid flower bed or box options. To order this service please contact the cemetery office 406-552-6070. All our decoration and flower rules can be found at Grounds Regulations
- Who maintains my flowers?
Families are responsible to plant, weed, and maintain their annual paid flower beds and to weed their annual regulation flower boxes. Beds or boxes that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice, including those planted by local florists. Please review grounds regulations
- Is water for flowers available on the grounds?
Water is available at the faucets by the office. Please bring a container to transport your water to your grave. The large sprinklers on the grounds are available only if the irrigation is running in that section of the cemetery.